Our guilt-free Banoffee muffins have no added sugar because our date paste replaces caster sugar completely in the recipe and gives the muffin a natural sweetness and toffee notes. If you’re looking for that something extra, try adding some of our chopped dates to get visible pieces of dates, for texture and added sweetness.
60g Vegetable Oil
150g Date Paste
180g Self Raising Flour
100g Mashed banana
5g Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC / 360oF/ Gas mark 4.
- Blend together date paste with all the liquid ingredients until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients
- Gradually combine the dry and liquid mixtures, being careful not to over-mix.
- Fill muffin cases and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.