Reduced sugar recipe suitable for industrial production of cereal bars. Golden syrup is replaced with golden date juice concentrate and date paste reduces the need for added sugar. Date-licious!
- 150g butter
- 2 tablespoon Golden Date Juice Concentrate
- 80g oat flakes
- 150g Date Paste
- 120g self raising flour
- 50g sugar (could be further replaced with Chopped dates)
- 90g dark chocolate
- Grease and line a shallow baking pan 28 x 18cm and pre-heat the oven to 180oC / 350oF/ Gas mark 5.
- Melt the butter and the golden date juice concentrate over a low heat.
- Combine the oats, date paste, flour and sugar in a mixing bowls. Add the butter and date juice and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely and remove from the pan.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the cooked mixture.
- Cut into slices.
Looking for something bespoke? Drop us an email and our team will make sure to find a perfect match for you!