Refined sugar free date granola bars are a perfect date for a lunch box, on the go or before/after workout – and beyond. The usual glucose syrup, muscovado sugar and honey used for binding granola bars are replaced with Dark and Golden Date Juice Concentrates (dark and golden date syrups) which allow refined sugar free claims and are suitable for vegans. The selection of ingredients below allows for clean and clear ingredient declaration and offers enhanced flavour and slow release energy.
- 200g Oats
- 100g Butter
- 60g Sunflower Seeds
- 60g Pumpkin Seeds
- 40g Date Paste
- 25g Dark Date Juice Concentrate (Date Syrup)
- 50g Golden Date Juice Concentrate (Golden Date Syrup)
- 100g Chopped Dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Grease and line a baking tray and pre-heat the oven to 180oC / 360oF/ Gas mark 4.
- Place the date paste and syrup into a saucepan, and heat to soften the date paste. Add the butter and melt together.
- In a mixer, blend together the date and butter with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pack into the prepared tin, pressing down well.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in tin, before removing and cutting into bars.
Interested in our ingredients? Register as a customer and order online.