A date-licious alternative to classic fig rolls recipe is a great twist for those who prefer date and caramel flavour. This product could be made “no added sugar” by omitting the sugar in the dough.
- 65g butter
- 200g plain flour
- 25g sugar
- Pinch salt
- Water to bind
- 175g Date Paste
- Grease and line baking sheet and pre-heat the oven to 175oC / 350oF/ Gas mark 5
- Blend the pastry ingredients together adding approx. 30ml water to mix to a soft dough.
- Knead the dough, then roll out to an oblong on a floured surface.
- Roll out the date paste on a floured surface, to fit down the centre of the dough. Alternatively, the date paste can be heated to soften and spread on the dough.
- Place the date paste down the centre of the dough and fold the dough over the paste, overlapping to ensure a good seal.
- Cut into 3 cm slices for individual rolls, or alternatively cut once baked.
- Place on a baking sheet. Decorate the top by marking 2 lines down the length of the dough using the back of a knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cut into slices if not already cut.
- Cool on a baking rack.
Looking for something bespoke? Drop us an email and our team will make sure to find a perfect match for you!