Beloved Datelicious Nutrition presents two options for date-licious Date, Walnut and Choc Chip Cookies: “reduced sugar” and “no refined sugar”. Both of them use date ingredients in an innovative way while enhancing the rich flavour of this popular treat. Suitable for industrial production.
- 40g brown sugar (could be replaced with Date Juice Concentrate for “Refined Sugar Free” formulation
- 40g Dark Date Juice Concentrate
- 75g Chopped Dates
- 75g butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 125g oat flakes
- 75g chopped walnuts
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch salt
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Grease and line a baking sheet and pre-heat the oven to 175oC / 350oF/ Gas mark 5.
- Melt the butter the add the sugar and date juice concentrate. Pour this mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla followed by the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and mix until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to a dough.
- Scoop balls of mixture onto the prepared tray and flatten.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire tray.
Diced date paste could be used in place of chopped dates for a less pronounced date texture.
Replace all of the brown sugar with date juice concentrate for a softer, more chewy cookie texture. If you prefer to keep lighter colour of the final product, use either Golden Date Juice Concentrate or Clear Date Juice Concentrate.
Looking for something bespoke? Drop us an email and our team will make sure to find a perfect match for you.