Glucose syrup that is usually used for binding granola has been replaced by 100% natural Date Juice Concentrate, which reduces the overall sugar content, enhances the flavour and provides for a clean label.
- 1 cup oats (90g)
- 1/2 cup quinoa (75g)
- 50g flaked almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Dark Date Juice Concentrate
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Place the oats, quinoa and flaked almonds into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil and date juice concentrate until they’re both melted together and there’s no separation. Pour the liquid into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir everything together so all the oats, quinoa and almonds are coated.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the mixture into the tray. Make sure to spread it out evenly.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, making sure to stir the mixture thoroughly every 3-4 minutes to avoid burning.
- When the granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool before transferring to an air-tight container.
The recipe has been developed by Amelia Littlejohn at Nourishing Amelia.
Looking for something bespoke? We have expertise in binding granola with natural date ingredients as explained in our case study. drop us an email and our team will make sure to create a perfect match for you.