Making Danish pastries is our idea of bliss. The thought of the crunchy, crumble that melts in your mouth is enough to make our mouths water! Since we all share a common liking for Danish parties here at Beloved, our Research and Development team have come up with a recipe to satisfy our cravings – A no added sugar chocolate orange Danish…mmmm yum!!
250g strong white flour
250g plain white flour
1 tsp salt
7g fast acting yeast
1 large egg
250g unsalted salted butter
85g Date Paste
25g Softened Butter
20g Double Cream
20g orange juice
½ tsp orange essence
15g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 1800C / 1600C Fan Gas mark 4, and line a baking tray with parchment.
- First make the dough. Mix the flours and salt and put into mixing bowl making a well in the centre. Sprinkle on the yeast.
- Soften the date paste over a gentle heat and add the milk ensuring it is lukewarm before adding with the egg to the centreof the bowl.
- Mix using a dough hook for 5-10 minutes until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Knead for 1 minute on a floured surface before returning to the clean oiled bowl. Cover with oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough to a rectangle about 1cm thick. Cut the butter into 8 slices and lay over 2/3rds of the dough. Fold the unbuttered dough over 1/3rdof the buttered dough and the other buttered 1/3rd over again. Seal the edges.
- Roll out the dough to incorporate the butter and fold into 1/3rds again. Turn at a 90 degreeangle and roll and fold again. Repeat this rolling and folding 3 times and chill 15 minutes in between.
Interested in our ingredients? Register as a customer and order online